Friday 16 September 2016

Video: Gráinne Hunt - Little Bird Sing

Grainne Hunt Little Bird Sing


Gráinne Hunt - Little Bird Sing - Declan Sessions


Info: Dublin folk artist Gráinne Hunt has released a new song and an accompanying live video has been made by the Declan Sessions, a wonderful idea where Declan, who is a 1985 VW Camper-van, travels around Ireland filming musicians performing from his comfy couch showcasing the best Irish songwriters. I think this may be my favourite song of Hunt's, and I'll be digging out her debut album Firing Pin again over the weekend just to be sure!

On 'Little Bird Sing' it feels like poetry how it should be read, a story with discreet levels of emotion, this has come straight from the middle of Hunt's heart and swayed back and forth between how I feel when I listen to Joni Mitchell or Mic Christopher's Skylarkin', a beautiful new release.