Thursday 30 August 2018

Single: C F I T - All Hands Bury the Dead

CFIT - All Hands Bury the Dead

C F I T - All Hands Bury the Dead

Info: Today Dublin act C F I T releases his latest single 'All Hands Bury the Dead', which will feature on his forthcoming third album, C F I T vs. Gravity, and if you're heading to Electric Picnic this weekend, you'll get an additional sneak peak of some of the other tracks this Sunday.

An acutely short drum intro that would impress Jon Bonham kicks off proceedings, leading straight into a choral din of early Arcade Fire proportions. The track feels like a swell that has been building up inside C F I T over the past few years since the immense 2015 sophomore LP Throwaway Survival Machine, and has burst forth releasing a long-held tension. 'All Hands Bury the Dead' is a gloriously brash explosion of defiance, filled with life-affirming choruses and eruptions of blinding musical phosphorous. Yet again, I stand back and can only admire how he composes something so coherently joyful from absolute chaos, a 'how do you even begin to decide what goes where?' moment (and without over-cooking the venison, one of the Irish singles of the year).


C F I T - 'Salvo' from the album 'Throwaway Survival Machine'


Like / Listen & Follow: