Saturday 11 August 2018

Photos: A Ritual Sea, Hostess & Father! @ The Tap Room, Drop Dead Twice

Drop Dead Twice - The Tap Room Dublin - Remy Connolly

All photos: Remy Connolly - (Click first image to start slideshow on desktop / laptop)



Info: On Thursday night at The Tap Room venue in Drop Dead Twice, A Ritual Sea held the launch of their latest single 'Seasons (Like You)', with support from Dublin's Hostess and Meath lo-fi act Father!

A short walk from home in The Liberties I headed down to Francis Street, it was a balmy evening! Father!, who released his debut album Beach Cloud Daze this summer, was just finishing sound-check and getting ready to kick off proceedings. Despite its proximity to home I hadn't been there since the makeover, and I'll be consciously making more trips there now, it's a very cool intimate live venue.

This was a gig I'd been really looking forward to from when it was announced last month, I loved A Ritual Sea's debut single from last year 'Serpentine', and new one 'Seasons (Like You)' is a shoe-gaze dream come true, and you know how much I love shoe-gaze. In addition, I wanted to see Father! live for the first time as well, and while I wasn't familiar with Hostess, I really liked what I heard on their SoundCloud page, and they more than made it a bloody great line-up on the night. Three quite new bands / acts, a very complimentary roster, and I definitely had one of my best live music experiences of 2018, playlist above to help you join the ranks!

Note: Award for best t-shirt at a gig in 2018 goes to Father! for his Kate Bush Hounds of Love tribute, which perfectly matched the purple / pink LED stage lights! #Winning


















Hostess Dublin Band - Remy Connolly


Father! Drop Dead Twice - Remy Connolly