Friday 5 April 2019

Single of the Week: Baba - Hold On Tight

Baba - Hold on Tight


'Hold On Tight' is the first release of 2019 for Dublin singer-songwriter Siobhan Lynch aka Baba and is a powerful voice for those suffering from mental health issues, something Siobhan has experienced herself.

"I have always suffered with my mental health since I’ve been a teenager" she says, "but in early 2018 after a very dark period where I suffered with debilitating anxiety and I wasn’t sure how I was going to make it through, I decided to get some help in the form of counselling".

"For so long I was afraid to talk to anyone about what was going on and I am now so proud to be able to write about it and be open especially in a modern world where so much of ourselves is online and we are expected to be shiny and happy".

Baba's latest single 'Hold On Tight' slips a sliver of atmospheric mysteriousness toward your eardrums at its outset, a patient build acts as a soothing background to her customary brisk and powerful vocal. The mood is highly contemplative and the music provides the listener with opportunity to digest and reflect at its break from 2:24 to 2:51. Although the song is melancholic in delivery and pace, Lynch succeeds in throwing a blanket of defiance and encouragement across its breadth, ultimately releasing that heavy tension with banging alternative-pop vivaciousness. 

'Hold On Tight' by Baba is out today, and available to stream or buy on Spotify and iTunes.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/5GJL7356oxMcnGv4wcS5hk?si=cjBaT5YIQPus5Uuviw2jvQ

http://babamusicface.com/